Industrial automation interview questions
- What is Industrial Automation?
Industrial automation is the replacement of computers and machines by human thinking. work automation is derived from the greek word auto and Matos. This means a mechanism move by itself.
- What are the components of PLC?
The components of automation include,
- Power supply
- Processor module
- Communication interface
- I/O modules
- O/P modules
- What is the difference between PLC and SCADA?
SCADA is software and PLC is Hardware.
PLC inspected physically and SCADA works on a computer system.
SCADA can monitor and collect information from the output of a system. And PLC only focuses on monitoring only one element within the system.
- What is Encoder?
Encoders are an essential component of high-volume and speed industrial automation applications. Which are convert motion into electrical feedback signals to control to measure the changes in position, speed, count, direction, and linear distance.
- Which types of sensors used for measuring different parameters?
- Flow sensors
- Pressure sensors
- Temperature sensors
- What is Transmitter?
A transmitter is an electronic device. The basic function of the transmitter is to provide the electrical power to turn on the sensor then read the low-level sensor signal, amplify to a higher electrical signal and send that signal to the readout device.
- Explain the working of RTDs?
RTDs work on the basic principle of the temperature of a metal increases, so the resistance to the flow of electricity. An electric current passed through the sensor, a resistance element used to measure the resistance of the current passed through it.
8.What are Control Valves?
A power-operated device used to control or manipulate the flow of fluids. The control valve is used to control fluid flow as directed by a signal from a controller. It converts the control signal from the controller to regulate the flow.
- What are the specifications of the control valves?
The specifications of control valves include,
- Flow medium and operating temperature
- Inlet and outlet pressure
- Density of medium
- what are the tools used in industrial automation?
- Programmable logic controller(PLC)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition(SCADA)
- Human-machine interface(HMI)
- Artificial Neural Network(ANN)
- Distributed control system(DCS)
- Which drives are used in industrial automation?
There are mainly 3 types of drives in industrial automation. they are,
- Group electric drive
- Individual drive
- Multi motor drive
- what are the trends in industrial automation?
- Edge computing platforms become edge automation platforms
- Remote operations are enabled
- Technology convergence
- Automated operations become autonomous operations
- Powering up cloud networking
- Improving training and knowledge bases
- Collaboration of safety
- The innovation decade
- Ramping up process analytics
- What are the types of PLCs?
- Integrated or compact PLC
- Modular PLC
- Small PLC
- Medium PLC
- Large PLC
- How is PLC different from the Relay?
A relay cannot be programmed but the PLC programmed. Relay is not advanced like PLC. PLC can work with analog input/outputs whereas the relay cannot do.
15.What is test automation?
In test automation, it uses software for testing so there won’t be any errors like that can be seen in manual testing.
16.What is the use of capacitive sensors?
Capacitive sensors can sense metallic and non-metallic objects.
- what does PID stand for?
Proportional integral derivative.
- what is Fieldbus?
It is a communication protocol and it is a high-speed communication protocol.
- what are the types of temperature sensors?
Resistance temperature detectors, thermistors, thermocouples.
- what are hydraulic actuators?
This type of actuator uses fluid power to do the control action in a machine.
- What is PID based control system?
PID stands for Proportional Integral Derivative. It is an algorithm. Which is used in closed-loop control. Mainly, which are used for single independent loops. Types of PID controllers are, ON/Off control, proportional control, Standard PID controller.
- What is the temperature measurement range supported by thermocouples?
The temperature measurement range of thermocouples between 270 to 2300.
- Explain the working of differential pressure measurement?
Differential pressure sensors working on the principle that the pressure drop is proportional to the square of the flow rate. The best and useful industrial pressure measuring instrument is the differential pressure transmitter.
- Explain the working of thermocouples?
Thermocouples have two wires made up of different metals and joined combined. And these junctions maintained at different temperatures. Here, the emf is induced in this closed circuit.
Read More: Click Here